Friday, June 27, 2014

Watch La señora de Fátima (1951) Online

La señora de Fátima (1951)La señora de Fátima (1951)iMDB Rating: 6.8
Date Released : 11 October 1951
Genre : Drama
Stars : Ines Orsini, Fernando Rey, Tito Junco, José María Lado
Movie Quality : BRrip
Format : MKV
Size : 700 MB

Download Trailer Subtitle

The story of the 1917 miracle of Fatima, in which the Virgin Mary appeared to three children--two girs and one boy.

Watch La señora de Fátima Trailer :

Review :

Not what it should be

There are a few movie versions of the famous miracle of Our Lady of Fátima. Apparently this is the first of them. But I always have my doubts. Is this *REALLY* the very first movie adaptation of this story? I remember well having seen years ago at school a movie about this story which was very old and (I believe) in black and white and in Portuguese - and I remember liking it.

Couldn't have been this one version, could it? I don't think so. I actually thought this would be it, but my expectations went down the drain from the start. First off, this movie is in Spanish! Second, the 3 leading youngsters were supposed to be children (like they were in real life) but what we got here are 3 grown-up teenagers. These two details alone harmed the movie for me, and then the rest of it frankly left a lot to be desired. Even the colored version in English was better than this.

This one doesn't even seem that loyal to the real-life story to me and doesn't show that much of it. Not that I lived in that time, but from the knowledge I got of it...

Please don't take so personally my criticism on the fact that this film is Spanish. I have nothing against spanishes or their cinema. The issue here is that this is a Portuguese story and therefore it should be made as a Portuguese movie, never as a movie of another nationality (no matter which).

No comments:

Post a Comment